Massage Aftercare Advice
Get the most out of your massage with these helpful aftercare tips
After your massage treatment please follow the massage aftercare advice below in order to gain the most benefit from your massage.
- Increase your water intake following a massage to assist your body’s detoxification process.
- Ensure you have a suitable rest period after the treatment.
- Cut down on consumption of stimulants, such as tea, coffee and alcohol.
Some of the reactions you may experience after a massage treatment
Overall, the main reactions you will experience will be pleasant, such as feeling less stressed and more relaxed along with improved sleep patterns. However, you also may experience some of the following reactions. While they are beneficial to your body, some can be unpleasant, but the good news is they will be short lived and over a period of time your reactions will diminish.
- You may feel generally sleepy or tired
- Weepy / emotional due to the release of tension
- Warm due to your improved circulation
- Increase in urination due to the body releasing toxins
- Aching and soreness in the muscles, this will be short-lived and followed by a relief from muscular tension. If you do experience any soreness, we recommend you take a hot bath before you go to bed